Biotage is a Global Impact Tech Company committed to solving society’s problems. We offer workflow solutions and products to customers in Drug Discovery and Development, Analytical Testing and Water and Environmental Testing. Biotage is contributing to sustainable science with the goal to make the world healthier, greener, and cleaner – Humankind Unlimited. Our customers span a broad range of market segments including Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Contract Research and Contract Manufacturers as well as Clinical, Forensic and Academic laboratories in addition to organizations focused on Food safety, Clean water and Environmental sustainability. Biotage is headquartered in Uppsala in Sweden and employs approx. 500 people worldwide. The Group had sales of SEK 1,101 million in 2019 and our products are sold in more than 70 countries.
Account Manager Nordics, Analytical Chemistry
Biotage is looking for a new Nordic Account Manager, ideally based around Stockholm/ Uppsala, to manage and develop the sales of the market leading analytical chemistry, with product area of SPE (Solid Phase Extraction) and SLE (Supported Liquid Extraction) and supplemented instrumentation/automation. In the capacity of Account Manager, you are responsible for front-line sales activities for all designated accounts in your region.
Your tasks include such things as cold calls, lead identification and qualification, presentations at customer sites and scientific meetings, prospect management, demonstrations, closing and attendance at exhibitions. As a field-based Account Manager you will be expected to travel extensively throughout your territory. Excellent territory planning and a willingness to travel frequently (3 days per week, 2 days in home office) and conduct face-to-face customer visits will contribute to a prosperous assignment, as will accurate forecasting and a keenness to learn about market trends and the activities of competitors.
- A good scientific background; BSc at minimum or equivalent in the relevant life science area and familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques
- Hands-on experience from working with (SPE) and LC/MS would be an advantage
- A good sales record, min 2-5 years, with a preference for a combination of capital and consumable sales; or someone who has had commercial contact and possibly headed up a lab
- Experience of working in and/or selling to; Bioanalytical, Forensic, Environmental, Food and/or Clinical Testing market would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and at least one Nordic language, preferably Swedish
- Driving licence
- Strong desire to succeed
- Customer oriented
- Flexible attitude to work
- Team player
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of urgency
- Good internal and external communication skills
- Well organised
If you have any question regarding this Nordic possibility, please contact: Senior Consultant Life Science Agneta Almquist, PhD, Hudson Nordic. Phone: +46 708-28 28 89, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are going through applications continuously. We therefore urge you to apply for this position as soon as possible.